Monday, October 1, 2007

September - Paver Making End of Month Report

Total completed paver area: 6.34 square metres

A depressingly long time away for a completion date has forced me to re-think things a little. I have now decided I'll probably buy some complimentary pavers - more specifically london cobblestone pavers to act as a border to my hand made ones. As they're a more rustic looking paver they should fit the bill nicely.

They come in sheets and will fit around the edge of my area pretty well - they are almost exactly the same width as my proposed concrete seats, and 1 pallet (51 sheets) is very close to my required 45 sheets. 1 pallet costs about $1170 + freight (although they're currently listed on ebay for $700 + freight). If I use these as a border - it reduces my area for the hand made pavers to 28 square metres. Optimistic times for this area are at about 4 to 5 months - instead of a year, without buying any extra moulds.

No comments: